Bangladesh – Dhaka Airport Backlog
19 August 2016
The GFG’s Bangladesh member, Freight Management Limited, offers the following advisory about the current backlog of cargo at Dhaka Airport….
DAC airport is continuing to experience a huge backlog of air freight cargo with 1200 – 1500 tons of cargo lying at the airport without space and a similar amount being held at warehousing facilities.
| Currently all carriers are booked by 6 days ahead with many carriers increasing rates due to the high demand which has impacted transit time by an additional 5-6 days.
The main reasons for the backlog are:
- Withdrawal of LH freighter due to security reasons (capacity loss of 80 tons per week)
- Downgrade of WY flight (capacity loss of 70 tons per week)
- Cancellation of EK freighter due to no inbound cargo (capacity loss of 200 tons per week)
- Muslim biggest religious HAJ (Pilgrim) program started and Biman diverted wide body aircraft to carry HAJ passengers (capacity loss of 100 tons per week)
- SV suspended two freighter (capacity loss 210 tons per week)
- Import fabric clearance delay in Chittagong port due to congestion
- Many ocean shipments have been converted to air due to Chittagong port congestion
FML has the below services available to minimise the disruption to your business:
- Freighter option via DXB (mix 87 Tons)
- Sea/ Air via CMB with 7 – 9 days transit
- Sea/ Air via SIN with 7 – 9 days transit
- Sea/ Air via DXB with 16 – 17 days transit time
If you have any query please do not hesitate to contact us. B’ regards
Freight Management Ltd
To contact the GFG’s Bangladesh member:
Bangladesh – Head Office – Dhaka
Freight Management Ltd House No. 5, Road No. 7, Block-F, Banani, Dhaka-1213, Bangladesh
Mr. Md Wahiduzzaman Chunnu
+(8802) 55042012, 55042014, 55042025
General E-mail Addresses:
Do you want to join the network that shares its success? Check out our membership opportunities here: GFG Membership Opportunities
The GFG is always seeking new members – but only in the areas where we don’t yet have a member. We offer exclusivity, so you can rest assured that we only choose the right company to represent the GFG in their location.
Freight Management Limited
the GFG’s member for Bangladesh
Website : www.fml-bd.com
(Do you want to be part of the great network that inspires unity and friendship in business? Join us, find out about membership opportunities here)
Article uploaded by: R Marchant, GFG Group Administrator, 19 August 2016